I am running out of reading material. Please comment if you have any more suggestions for ED books! xxx



Tuesday 30 November 2010

Anorexics on Anorexia

Edited by Rosemary Shelley.

This was the book that inspired another editer to publish 'Bulimics on Bulimia'. I am glad that someone adressed bulimia in the same way; a collection of first hand stories of what it is like to suffer. However, to me, I gained more inspiration from the original 'Anorexia' stories. Somehow the endings in this book seemed on the whole, more sucessful.

‘I believe now that sufferers need to live out their Anorexia until they reach the point where they no longer want to have it.’

‘The main thing this time was that I wanted to get better for me, not to get out of hospital or to prove a point, but so I could start living again.’

‘Control that is so controlled it is out of control.’

‘By dying, no one would ever be able to take that achievement away from me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom
(November 2010) > I am taking a year (or two) out of university to recover from an eating disorder; originally diagnosed as restricting anorexia 7 years ago, but has more recently morphed into BN non-purgeing type/ BED/ COE/ EDNOS / whatever you want to call it. I thought I would write a blog to give me a kind of project to work on, mainly giving an insight into the Eating Disorders books that I have read and any interesting articles/videos I find. However, there may be some updates on my life and thoughts once in a while. My quest is to understand these disorders, although I know the best I can do is to keep on researching xxx Update (2012): I have now returned to uni.

Followers

Pictures (not mine)

Tattoo one taken from:
http://paulhartrick.com/fairy-tattoos