I am running out of reading material. Please comment if you have any more suggestions for ED books! xxx



Tuesday 30 November 2010

'Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.'

- A quote from wise old Albus Dumbledore - RIP

I think I am sick of the word 'quote'. It simply means very few of these words are actually my own. And yet I feel like a collection of many small meangingful things that people say are worth more than any individual voice. And besides, you will find me quoting myself sometimes ;) Rarely, but sometimes, yes, I do think what I have to say matters. From now on though, if it's in italics and between apostrophes, it is a quote (" is too confusing to me, unless I copy and paste). I know this is probably obvious, but I am so paranoid about 'stealing' other people's words that I have to be sure. So...

One on anger
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

One on hope
'Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars.' ~Violeta Parra

One on strength
'You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.' - Christopher Columbus

And one on perseverance
'If you are going through hell, keep going.' -Winston Churchill

:) xxx

2 comments:

  1. 'Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars.' ~Violeta Parra
    I think this is my fav out of all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) It is a quote worth remembering, although sometimes tears are a good outlet for pain xxx

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom
(November 2010) > I am taking a year (or two) out of university to recover from an eating disorder; originally diagnosed as restricting anorexia 7 years ago, but has more recently morphed into BN non-purgeing type/ BED/ COE/ EDNOS / whatever you want to call it. I thought I would write a blog to give me a kind of project to work on, mainly giving an insight into the Eating Disorders books that I have read and any interesting articles/videos I find. However, there may be some updates on my life and thoughts once in a while. My quest is to understand these disorders, although I know the best I can do is to keep on researching xxx Update (2012): I have now returned to uni.

Followers

Pictures (not mine)

Tattoo one taken from:
http://paulhartrick.com/fairy-tattoos