I am running out of reading material. Please comment if you have any more suggestions for ED books! xxx



Saturday 27 November 2010

Biting Anorexia


By Lucy Howard-Taylor


I have read that some people like the sense of humour in this book, but to me... It read like a rambling teenage journal, to be blunt. All I saw was a very bland, stereotypical representation of the disorder. My apologies to anyone who likes this book, that's just my opinion.


However, I am all for picking out any good that I can find, and this is the only bit I found slightly amusing:


I’m constantly cranking open that little trap door to anorexia... It is so heavy, and my arms will ache. But it is harder to close than it is to open... I fight. And if that means cementing that trap door over ... I can always put a nice potted plant on top.'


Since I have no more quotes to add, I have subsituted them with a picture. Hence the plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom
(November 2010) > I am taking a year (or two) out of university to recover from an eating disorder; originally diagnosed as restricting anorexia 7 years ago, but has more recently morphed into BN non-purgeing type/ BED/ COE/ EDNOS / whatever you want to call it. I thought I would write a blog to give me a kind of project to work on, mainly giving an insight into the Eating Disorders books that I have read and any interesting articles/videos I find. However, there may be some updates on my life and thoughts once in a while. My quest is to understand these disorders, although I know the best I can do is to keep on researching xxx Update (2012): I have now returned to uni.

Followers

Pictures (not mine)

Tattoo one taken from:
http://paulhartrick.com/fairy-tattoos