I am running out of reading material. Please comment if you have any more suggestions for ED books! xxx



Saturday 27 November 2010

Bulimics on Bulimia

Edited by Maria Stavrou

Finally! A book dedicated to Bulimia. I didn't find this as interesting as 'Anorexics on Anorexia', but it did give me some comfort that I wasn't the only person in the world who knew how debilitating, sickiningly time-consuming and humiliating Bulimia can be.

‘Despite all of this, I still found bulimia more debilitating. Anorexia was clean, quiet and simple. Bulimia was messy, loud and complicated.’

‘Sometimes the urge (to binge and/or purge) is so strong I feel like I’ll literally collapse and die if I don’t act on it. It makes no sense, but this has never been and never will be a logical illness.’

‘I fitted my studies around my full-time job of bulimia... I rarely did any work, rarely saw other people; I spent my life with food.’

‘At the age of 25 I have had to declare bankruptcy because of all my medical bills. I will never be able to get a credit card, own my own house, or get a car because my credit has been ruined by over drafting my account from buying binge food and letting medical bills go to collection... Thus I’m led to steal to keep my disease alive... I have been to jail. I face fines that I cannot pay.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom
(November 2010) > I am taking a year (or two) out of university to recover from an eating disorder; originally diagnosed as restricting anorexia 7 years ago, but has more recently morphed into BN non-purgeing type/ BED/ COE/ EDNOS / whatever you want to call it. I thought I would write a blog to give me a kind of project to work on, mainly giving an insight into the Eating Disorders books that I have read and any interesting articles/videos I find. However, there may be some updates on my life and thoughts once in a while. My quest is to understand these disorders, although I know the best I can do is to keep on researching xxx Update (2012): I have now returned to uni.

Followers

Pictures (not mine)

Tattoo one taken from:
http://paulhartrick.com/fairy-tattoos